IT’S TRULY A FASHION AFFAIR FOR THE WEST SIDE OF JOHANNESBURG!!!!!!!!!!!
Every season change leads to a lifestyle change, which leads to an awesome wardrobe change (in most cases) or is it the other way around, and which better way to change your wardrobe than attending a fashion show where talented designers will be showcasing?
The season change for the Westrand was brought over by two awesome ladies and others sponsors who came together to make show they host the 1st annual fashion show in the Westrand on the 05th October 2013 at the Greenhills Stadium. This Fashion Show will not only help upcoming designers but also put Westrand on the fashion map.
Like always, “therealbizmag” got the privilege to meet up with these ladies and finding out exactly what the objective of the Fashion Show is and how high are the standards in terms of creativity…
· Can you give us a brief idea of who you ladies are and what your contribution is in the planning of this fashion show.
Carol and Refilwe are the owners of Tlhagoentle Creative Solutions which deals with marketing, branding and events. They are the creatives and planners of the fashion show.
· What inspired the idea of bringing a fashion show in Randfontein(Westrand)?
‘We really wanted to expose good craftsmanship. Fashion is also one of those things that are over looked in the Westrand, so we are trying to bridge the gap. Handmade items a very valuable’.
· What is the theme or the main idea that circulates the fashion show?
“We didn’t have a strict theme but we told the designers that they must think spring and colours. So the idea was a spring/summer collection”.
· How many designers are showcasing and are they all from the Westrand or are there others from outside the district?
“There will be seven designers which come from all parts of Westrand. Mohlakeng, Kagiso, Bekkersdale and Finsbury. We only focused on Westrand as a whole”.
· What criteria did you use to choose the designers that will be showcasing?
The criteria included unknown designers from the Westrand who show potential and passion for their craft.
· Will there be pop-up stores at the actual event or will the purchasing of items be done after the fashion show privately with the designer?
· How can we go about getting tickets to attend the fashion show?
TWITTER: @carolk (Carol)