Monday 18 June 2012

One on One with DeepSoul_Music

He recently released a song that I've been rocking ever since as well as a couple of proper tunes and this all started on a Friday . He brought you the Deep Friday Movement . I have to say that it's been a success and I know that he'll will go far but before I start yapping a lot let me introduce the ' Leader of Underground ' DeepSoul_Music some may know him as Siya .

Real Biz
Who is DeepSoul_Music and where is he from?

DeepSoul_Music
DeepSoul_Music is a producer/musician. Born in Port Elizabeth and raised in Johannesburg, I was initially a poet/rapper for a large portion of my youth. My first encounter with house music was Glenn Lewis's Mid Tempo Classics series of compilations which really changed my musical preference but the pivotal point was upon hearing a song by Nick Holder titled Summer Daze, from then on I left hip hop behind and pursued a house music career, first as a Dj then as a music producer.

Real Biz
You recently started a movement called ' Deep fridays' , care to tell me more about your movement ' ?
DeepSoul_Music
Deep Fridays was started at the end of February 2012, and basically, it is me giving away one track of my own production, every Friday, for 2 months. I started Deep Fridays because I was fed up with the "clique" that I was being associated with, which is a wide circle of Dj's who are highly talented at what they do but aren't giving back to the industry and are self serving and greedy. The point of Deep Fridays is to introduce a culture of sharing, and most importantly, sharing good music at that. Deep Fridays was never aimed at being about me or taking me forward but rather changing people's perspectives and rather having them appreciate a good song of original content than a mix full of other people's music.

Real Biz 
How has the response been?

DeepSoul_Music
The response has been SUPER crazy. People seem to be liking the music, which makes me very happy.

Real Biz 
I've been following your movement and I must say there's this one song called ' Show me ft Gugu ' , who or  what inspired this song ?

DeepSoul_Music
Haha that song. Well the instrumental for the song was actually produced a year ago and was lurking on my pc because I'd been waiting to find the right vocalist for it. Gugu has an amazing voice and she's a real pleasure to work with. Very few people know that I actually wrote the lyrics to the song, I was in a very bad space at the time and I just happened to write what I was feeling (which is what music is about anyways right?). That song got a really good response though, which I like.

Real Biz
Have any of your songs been aired on radio stations ?

DeepSoul_Music
Unfortunately not and its due to the fact that I'm not part of a copyright protection society (which is being sorted out as we speak).

Real Biz
What does DeepSoul_Music do for fun ?

Fun? What's that? Haha when I do have the luxury of down time I play action soccer with my old high school friends, or go to the drag strip and watch the races at Tarlton. I'm also a sport karate coach, which I do for little to no pay. I really love kids and I work with them as much as I can. The kids I coach make me extremely happy and I'm blessed to be around them on a weekly basis.

Real Biz
What are you currently listening to in your car ?

DeepSoul_Music
Meek Mill's Dreamchaser's Mixtape (I'm a Meek Mill groupie)

Real Biz 
Pick one Shimza or Kent ?

DeepSoul_Music
Shimza

Real Biz
Having accomplished this what can we expect from you in the future ?

DeepSoul_Music
People can expect to see my "Leaders Of The Underground" movement being pushed quite a lot, as well as a lot of collaborations with various artists from around the country. I guess the only way is forward :-)

Real Biz
And lastly its our youth month please leave our peers with some inspirational words

DeepSoul_Music
I'd say people our age need to start DOING stuff and stop talking about it. If I had 50c for everytime somebody told me their plans I'd be a rich man. Start doing stuff and try making a difference rather than being just another number in the system.

Real Biz
Where can people find you ?

DeepSoul_Music
People can email me: djsiya@hotmail.com
Facebook: Deep-Soul Electric-Deep
Twitter: @DeepSoul_Music (this is my main form of communication with followers)

As the editor of Real Biz Magazine I will bless you with the track list just because I'm awesome 

The links to the songs in chronological order.

1. @DeepSoul_Music - Memories (Original Mix) http://www.mediafire.com/?cv347oo6stz4f2a

2. @DeepSoul_Music - Love Letter (Radio Edit) http://www.mediafire.com/?sktv4yj7mro64e6

3. @DeepSoul_Music ft. Gugu - Show Me (Radio Edit) http://hu.lk/mr9tjea9015j

4. @DeepSoul_Music ft. Ms Dippy - Touch Me (Radio Edit) http://hu.lk/23pg9nze2kfn

5. @DeepSoul_Music - Trying (Original Mix) http://hu.lk/88hjy1c7e409

6. @DeepSoul_Music - Resist (Original Mix) http://www.hulkshare.com/x3a2p6j8j4cj

7. @DeepSoul_Music - The Others (DeepSoul_Music's Afro Tech Outlook) http://hu.lk/tgx2yrjmf9mj

8. @DeepSoul_Music - Touched (DeepSoul_Music Refix) http://hu.lk/mo7y0xbf6f58

Also please find below the link to my upcoming event titled Leaders Of The Underground set to take place at Shikisha out in Newtown.

Link: http://www.facebook.com/events/346197052116509/

Enjoy the offering  

No comments:

Post a Comment